It’s true—across the board, there’s an advertising slump going on this Q4. While digital advertising hasn’t been hit as hard as television and other media, what we’re seeing at NitroPay is that advertising revenues have slightly increased, but mostly flatlined for the month of October and are staying much flatter than normal this November. Black Friday week is coming up, but there’s rumblings that even the end of November is going to be much less profitable in 2022 than previous years.
Data privacy is an ever-present concern in the digital age. This data can include varying levels of information about consumers that is then used for targeted marketing. With this growing sea of personal information, it’s important to be responsible with it, as well as abide by regulations governing data privacy. The internet has made it easier for targeted marketing campaigns, but the tides are changing in regards to how advertisers are affected by current and proposed data privacy regulations.
- Q4 2022 Newsletter: A Temporary Slowdown in Digital Advertising November 14, 2022
- Q3 2022 Newsletter: Video, Subscriptions, Q4 Prep, & First-Party Data August 17, 2022
- NitroPay is Hiring! July 2, 2022
- Fixing SSL issues with ads by implementing a Content Security Policy (CSP) June 4, 2022
- NitroPay’s Statement on Russia’s Invasion of Ukraine March 18, 2022