Come the fourth quarter (Oct. through Dec.) of each year, most publishers tend to see a seasonal boost in traffic and earnings. Holidays—both commercial and cultural—are the driving force of this boost.
Ad viewability is a metric of determining how visible ads are to readers on your website. For an ad to be considered “viewed,” at least 50% of the ad must be displayed on the reader’s screen for at least one second (for display ads) or two seconds (for video ads).
Ad viewability is a highly impactful RPM optimization. You as the publisher should always consider it when making layouts and placing ads. A display ad is considered viewable if 50% of it appears on screen for at least 1 second. A 2014 Google study revealed that 56.1% of measured impressions at that time had failed […]
- Q4 2022 Newsletter: A Temporary Slowdown in Digital Advertising November 14, 2022
- Q3 2022 Newsletter: Video, Subscriptions, Q4 Prep, & First-Party Data August 17, 2022
- NitroPay is Hiring! July 2, 2022
- Fixing SSL issues with ads by implementing a Content Security Policy (CSP) June 4, 2022
- NitroPay’s Statement on Russia’s Invasion of Ukraine March 18, 2022