Without fail each year, seasonal trends will impact a publisher’s ad revenue. As specific holidays or events roll around, it’s important to ensure that your website is optimized to take advantage of these trends.
Ad viewability is a metric of determining how visible ads are to readers on your website. For an ad to be considered “viewed,” at least 50% of the ad must be displayed on the reader’s screen for at least one second (for display ads) or two seconds (for video ads).
Ad viewability is a highly impactful RPM optimization. You as the publisher should always consider it when making layouts and placing ads. A display ad is considered viewable if 50% of it appears on screen for at least 1 second. A 2014 Google study revealed that 56.1% of measured impressions at that time had failed […]
- Publisher Newsletter: Introducing NitroDex, Rate Increases, Referrals & More September 13, 2023
- News Round-up: Privacy Standards, Floor Bidding Tactics, & More September 6, 2023
- News Round-up: Advertising Effectiveness Study, Pros & Cons of MFAs, AI Mining August 16, 2023
- News Round-up: Sustainability Messaging, VAST Support, & More July 19, 2023
- News Round-up: MediaMath Bankruptcy, AI’s Future Impact, & Data Clean Room Guidelines July 6, 2023